The Pioneer Research Program provides undergraduate-level research opportunities to talented, intellectually motivated high school students from around the world. It is the only online credit-bearing research program for high school students that offers STEM, social sciences and humanities disciplines.
In the Pioneer Research Program, selected students work one-on-one with leading U.S. university professors in advanced study and research of a topic of their interest, culminating in a full-length research paper. The program is conducted entirely online, allowing high school students from all over the world to participate.
|Who should apply?||students who want to conduct research in a variety of areas|
|Eligible Grade Levels||sophomore – senior|
|Cost||$6450 (limited need-based scholarships available)|
|Deadline||Spring-to-Summer 2022: December 19, 2021, 11:59 PM EST |
Summer 2022: TBA
|Date of program||Spring-to-Summer 2022: February – July|
2022 Summer 2022: June – September 2022
|Selectivity||~25% eventually enroll in program |
~3% of participants published in journal
- Read, speak and write in English at an academically fluent level
- Be in grades 10, 11 or 12 at time of application (exceptional students outside this range may also be considered.)
- Be able to commit 4-8 hours (school year term) or 8-12 hours (summer term) per week.
- Have a passion for a particular field and the curiosity and drive to learn more.
- basic information, HS information, testing information, transcript
- research field preference (indicate 4 top choices)
- for each area of interest: relevant courses + qualifications (450 characters each), why this research area (100-150 words)
- application essay (300-400 words)
- online interview
- timed writing during interview (monitored)
- provides college credit in conjunction with Oberlin College
- works with professors from all across the country in prestigious institutions