MOSTEC is a six-month online program where students engage with peers from across the country who are dedicated and motivated to pursue STEM. During the program, students discuss research, receive admissions and financial aid advice, attend webinars featuring STEM professionals, and meet weekly with a small group of peers to receive mentorship from a current undergraduate student. During the summer component, students complete two online STEM courses which culminate in a Final Symposium where they present their projects to the broader MIT community.
|who should apply?||academically strong students with a passion for STEM|
|eligible grade levels||juniors|
|cost||free except transportation to + from MIT (if in-person)|
|opens||late November 2021|
|deadline||Feb 1, 2022, 11:59 EST|
|decisions released||mid-April 2022|
|date of program||June-December 2022|
|location||online + MIT (Cambridge, Massachusetts)|
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- high school juniors
- applicant information (personal, background, familial)
- academic information
- test scores (OPTIONAL but strongly encouraged)
- extracurricular activities
- THREE letters of recommendation (one from math/science teacher, one from humanities teacher, one from school counselor/administrator)
- short answer questions (5 required, 2 optional)
- admitted students must provide either (a) US birth certificate, (b) valid US passport, or (c) official green card.
- admitted students must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a medical/religious exemption in order to fully participate in programming.
- may have one week of in-person programming if pandemic permits.