Bryn Mawr is committed to identifying and enrolling students who represent a diversity of cultural, educational, and geographic experiences. The Travel Scholar is designed to support high school students who come from historically underrepresented backgrounds, including African-American, Asian-American, Hispanic/Latinx, Native American, and First-Generation students. Compelling candidates have demonstrated interest in women’s education and will exhibit the core characteristics of a Bryn Mawr student: a driven and passionate learner; one who is inspired by and celebrates differences; and who seeks to transform themselves, their community, and the world.
|who should apply?||first-gen and/or low-income, minorities, women|
|eligible grade levels||juniors|
|date of program||late April 2022|
|location||Bryn Mawr College (Bryn Mawr, MA)|
- reside in the US or its associate territories
- be enrolled as a HS junior in the spring of 2022
- application (unknown if essay)
- counselor recommendation (optional)
- Bryn Mawr College is a private women’s liberal arts college. One of the best women’s colleges in the country and one of the most LGBTQ+ inclusive colleges in the country. Member of the Seven Sisters and Tri-College Consortium (with Haverford and Swarthmore Colleges, allowing unlimited cross-registration and even majoring at other institution). Also a member of the Quaker Consortium, affiliating them with UPenn which allows students to take classes there.